Thursday, August 3, 2017

Pastor's Wives Retreat

I had mentioned some time ago about the retreat I am hosting next week for some of my fellow pastor's wives, and the gift baskets I am putting together for them to present them with on this occasion. 

A number of ladies have asked me this past week to share the details again, so I figured I will post it here for anyone else who is interested. 

The ladies who will be attending are:

Leslie Berzins of Word of Truth BC in Prescott Valley, AZ

Joann Jimenez of Verity BC in Sacramento, CA

Heather Major of Faith BC in Violet, LA

Cassandra McMurtry of Liberty BC in Rock Falls, IL

Crystal Perry of Old Path BC in San Antonio, TX

Leslye Romero of Stedfast BC in Fort Worth, TX


If you would like to send a note of encouragement or anything else to include in the baskets for any of them, please get it to me by next Wednesday, August 9th. The mailing address is:

Faithful Word Baptist Church
c/o Mrs. Anderson
2741 W Southern Ave, Suite 14
Tempe, AZ 85282

or my personal home address if you know it, or you can give it to me in person at church. If you are sending a gift for anyone, please bear in mind that the ladies will be traveling to Arizona by plane, so please do not send anything bulky, liquids over 3.4 oz in size, and no knives, guns, or anything of the kind - ha!

I love being married to a pastor and helping him in the ministry. I consider it a blessing. The greatest blessings often come with the greatest, and often unseen, sacrifices - just think of having children as a great example of this. I know in my life, having those reminders that those we serve love and appreciate what we do can make the rougher patches a lot more joyful. Many times, I will get a text message, email, or other note of encouragement in the middle of a sticky day - they never fail to cheer me and give me a much-needed boost, especially since we are inundated by a flood of negative comments on a daily basis. Many times, listeners send us gift cards to various local restaurants. These are a blessing anytime, but with the recent pregnancy scare, they were also a sanity saver - because come hell or high water, at the end of the day, kids' stomachs care little about what else is going on in our life, they just want to EAT. Last month, some sweet ladies in a FB group of those who listen to our sermons online gifted me with an Instant Pot. I love it! It has been a tremendous sanity saver! Often, I am unexpectedly called away during the day to help someone or with something. Having an appliance that can get dinner on the table in a half hour with minimal input from me is truly a treasure. Please don't send six Instant Pots to my house for these ladies though - that would definitely fall into the 'too bulky to travel' category! :) These are just some examples of how tangible gestures can make a big difference.

Some of the ladies in the above list are new to our 'movement'. As a result, they have recently lost the support of their extended families, many of their friends, and been cut off from fellowship in their former Baptist circles. I am hoping this retreat will be a much-needed encouragement to them as they keep on the front lines.


2 comments:

  1. I love that you're doing this! Have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers your way for a successful retreat, and more important, continued health for you and baby.

    I'm pregnant with my third. Due at the same time as you, and this is the first time I've been sick as a dog. I cried when I saw the picture of you on the floor by the toilet. That's me. My husband is hesitant to okay me to use the silver. I'm desperate. Help!

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.